Here are some tips to get a pay rise:
- If you don’t ask. You won’t get. But it’s got to be done in the right way. Remember that it’s the company which holds all the cards. They don’t have a mortgage to pay.
- Never ‘demand’! Ask the boss to ‘consider’? That way everybody saves face. Whatever the outcome.
- Are you hitting your work-targets? Exceed them if you can. Then that pay-rise will be difficult to refuse.
- Know what the market is paying for your work and what your colleagues are being paid. Can’t find out? Then BLUFF!
- For more information and real-life examples on how to gold-plate your job, read ‘Pass Your Exam; Get That Job, and Build a Career‘. Possibly the best investment you will ever make. j